Cattle Veterinary Services
Keeping Your Cattle Feeling
Our Cattle Veterinarians provide a range of preventative and diagnostic cattle health services to keep your herd performing at their best.
We offer the Highest Quality Aftercare Support to all our patients and clients.
Cattle Herd Health
The inclusion of a cattle vet as an integral part of your production line is a great way to ensure your herd is performing at its optimal level. We provide a range of Herd Health services for Beef, Feedlot and Dairy Herds including:
- Disease Testing and Surveillance for diseases such as Pestivirus, Johnes Disease, Investigation of Reproductive Failure
- Calf Health
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Obstetrical / Calving Emergencies and Caesareans – Read more about the Calving Process and Common Calving Difficulties
- Hoof Surgery
- Lameness Evaluations
Read more with our Dairy Herd Health Services here.
General Veterinary Diagnosis and Treatment
Unfortunately we can’t prevent all of the illnesses we commonly see in cattle herds. We offer a general diagnosis and treatment service to get your animals back to happy and healthy with the following conditions most commonly seen in our area:
- 3 Day Sickness (B.E.F = Bovine Ephemeral Fever) – Read more about 3 Day Sickness Signs and Prevention
- Displaced Abomasum
- Hardware Disease
- Grain Poisoning (Acidosis) – Read more about Grain Poisoning Prevention and Signs
- Calf Scours – Read more about Calf Scour Prevention and Treatment
- Urolithiasis (Waterbelly)
- Lumpy Jaw and Wooden Tongue
Vaccinations and Boosters
When vaccines are used correctly, they can reduce animal losses substantially through prevention of disease in your animals. There are different types of vaccines:
- Anti-toxins: They are not vaccines however provide immediate but short-term protection against a disease.
- Inactivated Vaccines: Need booster doses to maintain immunity.
- Live vaccines: Give long immunity after a single dose.
When deciding on a livestock vaccination program, you should:
- Select the right vaccine for your needs
- Buy only what you need
- Use sterile and safe equipment
- Read instructions on correct administration of the vaccine
- Keep people safe and use the right storage/ disposal methods.
Recommended cattle vaccinations for Pittsworth and surrounds:
- BEF – 3 day sickness (Bovine Ephemeral Fever)
- Ultravac 5 in 1 (Pulpy Kidney, Tetanus, Black Disease, Malignant Oedema and Black Leg)
- Ultravac 7 in 1 (5 in 1 plus Lepto. Pomona and Lepto. hardjo)
- Piliguard (Pink Eye)
- Tick Fever (B.bovis, B.bigemina & A.marginale) – Tick Fever Vaccination is only needed if going into an area that has cattle tick. This vaccine is ordered through the tick fever centre and delivered to the vets chilled. The vaccine needs to be used within 2 days of arrival.
- Vibrovax (Vibrosis)
- Pestigard (Bovine Pestivirus)