Sheep and Goat Veterinary Services
Ewe Will Love Our Premium Veterinary Care
Our Goat and Sheep Veterinarians provide a range of preventative and diagnostic health services for your animals to keep them fit and healthy.
We offer the Highest Quality Aftercare Support to all our patients and clients.
Vaccinations and Boosters
When vaccines are used correctly, they can dramatically reduce losses and prevent diseases in your animals. The different types of animal vaccines are:
- Live vaccines: Live vaccines give long immunity after a single dose.
- Inactivated Vaccines: Inactive vaccines need booster doses to maintain immunity.
- Anti-toxins: They provide immediate but short-term protection against a disease however are not actually vaccines.
When deciding on a sheep or goat vaccination program, you should:
- Choose the right vaccine for your needs
- Only buy what you need
- Ensure your equipment is sterile and safe
- Read and understand the instructions on how to administer the vaccine
- Use the correct storage and disposal methods which are recommended to keep those around you safe.
Recommended sheep and goat vaccinations for Pittsworth and surrounds:
- Ultravac 5 in 1 (Pulpy Kidney, Tetanus, Black Disease, Malignant Oedema and Black Leg)
- Glenvac 6 in 1 (Cheesy Gland / CLA plus Black Disease, Black Leg, Pulpy Kidney, Tetanus and Malignant Oedema)
General Medical Diagnosis and Treatment
We provide general advice, diagnosis and treatment for issues commonly seen in sheep and goats. The most common conditions we treat in the Pittsworth area are:
- Urolithiasis (Waterbelly)
- Grain Poisoning
Our Routine husbandry services for goats and sheep are preventative procedures designed to keep them fit and healthy, and minimise any requirements for unplanned emergency procedures. We offer:
- Vaccinations and Worming
Lambing and Kidding Assistance
In the event your sheep or goat is having difficulties in the birthing process, we can provide the following on request:
- Caesarean Section